Sunday, January 4, 2009

No News

In the Army, they say no news is good news. They WILL notify you if something bad happens. I have not heard from Jerome in about a week. And when I did hear from him, he just sounded frazzled and tired. He said he was being moved to another place and he was not sure if he was going to be doing the job he was trained to do or not. Whatever it is he will be doing, he will stay on the FOB (forward operations base).

That's honestly all the news. There's not much going on with Peach and I. we are expecting a house guest on Tuesday. My friend, Livia is coming for a week to visit. She will also help me get some things done that would be harder on my own. (Like going to Costco and taking Peach to the vet.)

The walk to the post office is very pretty and I am trying to work up the nerve to take some pictures on the way. It's a busy street, so stopping to take pictures would likely cause people to look at me weird. Eventually, I will do it.

So, in light of no news and no pictures, I thought you all would enjoy seeing my very first artist trading cards that I made last night. Artist trading cards (or ATCs as they're commonly known) are miniature works of art done on a 2.5"x3.5" card and made for the sole purpose of trading or giving away. The ones I made last night were for a dog themed swap. I haven't perfected drawing Peach yet, so I did Dustie and Rosie.
This was the first one I made. It was a lot harder than it looks. And it looked waaay better in my head.
I think Rosie turned out a little better...but not much. These were my very first ones, though. I will keep practicing. I made thse with cardboard, construction paper, stickers, memo sheets, tacky glue, gel pens, and markers. I am hoping to do some more in the future using pastels and/or watercolor.

That's it for now. I will try to update as soon as I have news or new pictures!

4 comments:

  1. I love your cards! I think they look great ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww...! The cards are wonderful!

    And, go ahead and take the pictures! We want to see. So you entertain a few people along the way Be brave.. heck, you are a Wolfidy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wolfidy

    Please call me.
    It is important!
    rc and jc

    ReplyDelete